By M.K. Styllinski
“There can be no keener revelation of a society’s soul than the way in which it treats its children.”
Before we get into the Anglo-American Establishment predilection for abuse, which looms over our societies like a particularly large shadow we need to go back for a more general look at sexual abuse as a whole focusing on the UK and the United States. The links between social and economic deprivation, crime and the incidences of abuse are clear. If the data is even close to being true, then the effects of sexual abuse on children have ramifications for societies as a whole. Bear with me while a few more statistics descend…
One North American study from five years ago once again confirmed sexual assaults on children were committed by relatives at 47 percent; 49 percent by acquaintances, such as a teacher, a coach or a neighbour; and only 4 percent by strangers. 20 percent of sexually exploited children who were interviewed were involved in prostitution rings that worked across state lines.  This underlines the statistical reality that another study found, in that most prostitutes on the street were sexually abused as children.
59 percent of incarcerated women in maximum-security prisons were sexually abused in childhood and 80 percent of women in prison and jails have been victims of sexual and/or physical abuse. A report on convicted killers shows that 83.8 percent suffered severe physical and emotional abuse 32 percent were sexually abused as children. 75 percent of juvenile girls identified as delinquent by the courts have been sexually abused. 
“Lone Child” | © infrakshun___
According to one UK survey conducted by the Great Ormand Street Hospital, one in eight boys who were sexually abused grew up to be a paedophile. “The research, published today in The Lancet, showed that 26 of the 224 former victims studied went on to commit sex offences, nearly all of which involved children.”  It was also significant that if the child had been abused by a woman, his mother for example, as well as suffering from neglect and violence, the likelihood of becoming an abuser tripled the probability.
That said, it is far from proven that some paedophiles and child molesters automatically come from generational abuse. Many counsellors and psychologists note in their experience it is not necessarily true that cases suggest the abused will carry on the pattern of abuse. It may depend entirely on the intrinsic qualities of the victim involved. It will surely come as no surprise to many that sexual victimisation “may profoundly interfere with and alter the development of attitudes toward self, sexuality, and trusting relationships during the critical early years of development” with a propensity for victims to seek an escape through substance abuse.  Abuse or neglected children are 67 times more likely to be arrested between ages 9-12 then those who aren’t and are more than twice as likely to run away from home as non-abused children. 
If we it were true that the highest statistics are incorrect, the lowest estimates of child abuse are still far too high. From a 1988 study a “typical” child sex offender molests an average of 117 children, most of whom do not report the offense.  Another study concluded the average child molester abuses between 50 and 150 children before he is arrested the first time, and an average of 360-380 children in his/her lifetime. Broken down, convicted child molesters who abuse girls have an average of 52 victims each. Men who molest boys have an average of 150 victims. 
From another report only 232 child molesters were studied using methods which guaranteed confidentiality and thus provided a reduced margin of error where the interviewees were free to talk as they wished, offering much needed data. The results included 55,000 attempts at child molestation, with a total 17,000 victims. Other research included interviews from 561 offenders including other sexual offences who admitted to over 291,000 offences and over 195,000 victims.
According to psychologist Anne Salter’s research comprising in-depth interviews with hundreds of sex offenders, she came across a wide number of victims ranging from an average of 10 to 1,250. As Salter mentions, conceiving such figure it difficult but she allows us to imagine it rather aptly by describing it in the following way: “…consider that the Louisiana Superdome, site of five Super Bowls has a maximum seating capacity of 72,675. If all the victims of those 561 men wanted to meet, they would have filled two and one-half Superdomes. Despite the astounding figures most of these offences had never been detected.” 
Statistics can be erroneous but what appears as a consistent correlation both in quantitative and qualitative data, as well as the simple logic that wraps around these field of sexual abuse, is that we will not hear about abuse that is taking place, let alone see the offences reaching a courtroom.
One study in an increasing number from The Children’s Hospital Medical Centre of Cincinnati, shows that allegations made by child victims match closely with confessions of paedophiles. The study, presented to the Paediatric Academic Societies and American Academy of Paediatrics at a joint meeting in May 2000, also showed that genital exams are most often normal in victims of sexual abuse, even when genital penetration is admitted to. Physical examinations tended to be unreliable indicators of abuse. According to the authors, emphasis on listening to children became all the more important, something that was seriously lacking in the past.
Reviewing the records of 31 paedophiles who confessed between 1994 and 1999, the researchers had access to the case files: “…which contained all available victim, witness and perpetrator statements, and pertinent victim medical records. They analysed each case for admissions or denials of specific sexual acts. They also analysed victim medical histories, examinations and reports from criminal investigators for specific histories of sexual assault and exam findings.”  What was more disturbing was the fact that the total acts of sexual abuse exceeded the above quota. Researchers discovered: “The 31 perpetrators confessed to a total of 101 acts of sexual abuse, some of which they committed multiple times. The perpetrators abused 47 children. 45 of the children were old enough to provide a history described 111 acts of sexual abuse.” 
Research discoveries by Dr. Gene Abel of the Behavioural Medicine Institute in Atlanta do not bode well for the effects generated by the male abuser in society. The research confirmed the possibility of a generational time-bomb of damaged children and potential abusers:
- Boy victims of sex crimes are at high risk to become sexually attracted to children and to become child sexual abusers.
- Men who have sex with children are nearly always committing additional sex crimes.
- Men who have sex with children usually start that behaviour before they are 18 years old.
- Men who have sex with children usually have 3 victims before they are 18 years old.
- Men who have sex with their own children may also be having sex with other children in the community. 
Child abuse is not some external infection that arises out of nowhere. There are economic, social and psychological factors that guide its manifestation. Then there is psychopathy which drops like a heavy stone into the already fragile framework of social interactions. The nature of these individuals and the severe trauma they imprint on a child, a family and the psychic infection that will no doubt be left behind is the closest we can get to a clinical description of evil. For example, when 9-year-old Jessica Lunsford was raped, bound with speaker wire, wrapped up in garbage bags, and put into a hole in the ground before being buried alive by her kidnapper we can safely say that the manifestation of the sadistic child rapist is a consequence of this genetically hard-wired “human” pre-disposed to acts of evil. 
Yet, they come from within the heart of what we call Western “civilised society.”
I do not mean to suggest that we are living in a sea of pathology as a natural consequence of our essential nature. Quite the opposite. You might say we allowed the door marked “psychopathy” to be left wide open so that the evil they produce could spread like wild fire and in often highly deceptive ways. As a result, psychological disorders are now common place.
Perhaps it is not that conscienceless persons are made by society but they are allowed to manifest as a natural consequence of a system that progressively mirrors their nature. It is rather like sparks that ignite the tinder box; once the fire has ignited and the initial flame is hot enough it will continue to consume whatever stands in its way. Similarly, primary psychopaths need not be on every street corner. Their effects are quadrupled by having systems that are made for them to manipulate with impunity. Justice and law, education and government are products of this mind that go deep into the clinical mind of psychopathology and psychopathy. We can understand them in isolation but without an understanding of ponerology we succeed only in giving systematic sexual and physical abuse the fire it needs to continue unabated. Thus the following examples are merely “nodal points” for expanding a network of like minds that flourish given the correct circumstances.
- For instance, a 25 year old white single male who “pleaded guilty to charges of kidnapping, sodomy, and assault with a dangerous weapon.” The charges stemmed from an incident in which he lured a 12 year old boy into his car, drove to a deserted quarry, stabbed the boy, and then sodomized him after enlarging his anus with another knife wound.” The boy miraculously survived.
- Or the married man who pleaded guilty to the sexual assault of his 3 month daughter. He denied the charges but “his wife had witnessed him with his penis in the baby’s mouth on four occasions. When semen was found in the baby’s mouth by a visiting relative, Child Protective services were notified and the infant was placed in a foster home.”
- A 40 year old man was convicted of sexually assaulting his 11 year old son. This man was a college graduate, a superb athlete with an exemplary military history and a successful businessman: He also had no prior criminal history. “He became jealous of [his wife as she worked nights and] of the men she worked with and he began to experience some problems with impotency. Cory also quarreled with his wife because of her friendship with a neighbor, whom he claims was lesbian. … He says he claimed he planned his sexual offense against his son, Bud as a means of forcing his wife to give up work.”
- The successful businessman who lured children to his home proffered cannabis and porn before sexually abusing the boys. His true psychopathic nature was on show when he was waiting to be shown from his security cell after being remanded in custody where: “security staff spent time trying to unlock a door to the cells, [he] stood and glared at the family members. He claimed the abuse was to ‘pleasure the boys, not himself’ and described what he did as an ‘art.’” 
- The 35 year old truck driver from Suffolk, England “who was charged with first degree sodomy in conjunction with the alleged sexual abuse of his four-year-old daughter.” The abuse was thought to have been going on since the child was had been three months old some of which included “oral sodomy, photography and video taping of the victim and defendant engaged in sexual activity.
- Another perceived “pillar of the community” was 68-year-old Dr. Morgan Francis Fahey an international expert in trauma medicine and with a history of selfless volunteer work and public and community service. In fact, the Doctor had become a well-known and much loved celebrity. There was one problem with this well-crafted image: it was a deception. Less than a week out for the local elections on June 1 2000 the doctor was jailed for rape, sexual violation and indecent assault. He pleaded guilty to 13 charges of sexually abusing 11 female patients over 30 years. One of the charges included raping a “seven-month pregnant patient on his exam table, using a vibrator on another and fondling the breasts of a prospective Ansett NZ flight attendant during medical examination.”
- Fahey, known as “fingers” within the airline: “… received four years for the rape charge, two more years on sexual violation count, One year jail on using a vibrator and six months jail on three charges involving Ansett flight attendants (served concurrently) […] Disgraced Fahey appeared in the media again in November 2001, when a cell search uncovered medical notes from former patients, cash and pornography. […] leading Prime Minister Helen Clark to ask the Queen to strip his OBE that was received in 1977 for services to the community.” 
- 47-year old “Paul Whitmore” was at the higher end of the abuse scale for acts committed against multiple victims of all of whom were children. These included committing a lewd act on a child, aggravated sexual assault on a child, using a minor to pose for sexually exploitative pictures for commercial purposes, as well as special allegations of bondage, sodomy, sexual penetration and oral copulation. With evidence shown to the jury that was “graphic, shocking and overwhelming,” and which included: “One of Whitmore’s photos show[ing] a tied-up 9-year-old drinking water out of a cat bowl” it is hardly surprising that this man showed no remorse other than the fact that he had been caught. This particular psychopath had created a pornography ring whereby he induced others to molest children, grooming them into a “circle of hell,” where the children had photos of themselves being molested posted on the internet by Whitmore. In this case, child pornography was the perfect outlet to both fuel his desires and as a source of income.
From the isolated paedophile/child molester, the propensity for networks of child pornography and child abuse is real and present as we shall discover in later posts. Notice too, that the instances of abusers as “pillars of the community” such as Mr. Fahey is high. Positions of power are the magnets by which serial abusing can take place, relying on status and perceived philanthropy and service as the perfect cover. (witness the Catholic Church after all). The presence of high society within systemic and organised abuse is more than coincidental but often glimpsed through what might be called low-level sociopaths and psychopaths acting as scouts and handlers.
Throughout the 1990’s and early 2000’s child abuse and child rape networks were front page news until around 2007 where reports seemed to die down once again. It was not until 2010-2012 that more stories began to show up with more frequency revealing that the so called investigations and official inquires had not made any lasting gains into the core networks which lay within the Establishment.
In 2011, The Boston Globe and Yahoo! News reported that child pornography accusations within the Pentagon and DARPA itself had not been investigated due to an apparent lack of resources. When Congress and civic lobbying groups forced a “revisit” of over 5,200 names and the subsequent identification of employees and staffers, only 70 of these were investigated at the close of the year. 
High level reports of abuse continued to surface though whether these were genuine cases or fabrications remains unclear. South Florida’s former chief of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agent Anthony V. Mangione, pleaded guilty to charges accusing Mangione of transporting and receiving images of minors “engaging in sexually explicit conduct.” What is bizarre about this case is that the ICE investigates migrant smuggling, illegal weapons exports, terrorism and drug trafficking and child pornography. Mangione himself spoke out against “predators” who shared images via computer networks and was known for praising the agency’s efforts in tackling online child porn. An embedded predator himself or was he set up? 
Then we have the continuing allegations of an “epidemic” of child sex abuse in Hollywood making the headlines throughout 2011 with former child star Corey Feldman adding credence to the evidence against those charged when he stated: “I can tell you that the No. 1 problem in Hollywood was and is and always will be pedophilia,” … “That’s the biggest problem for children in this industry… It’s the big secret.” 
Then there were the more recent cases of Mr. Jerry Sandusky in the US and Jimmy Savile in the UK.
Loners? Or nodes to something deeper?
 ‘Children’s Sexual Exploitation Underestimated, Study Finds’ By Raymond Hernandez, The New York Times, September 10, 2001.
 Survivor Healing Center Santa Cruz, USA. ww.survivorshealingcenter.org/
 ‘Child abuse victims become perpetrators, survey reveals’ The Guardian, February 7, 2003.
 ‘Therapy groups for women sexually molested as children. Archives of Sexual Behaviour’, 7, 417-429. M.Tsai & N.Wagner, 1978/1984 | ‘Childhood Sexual Abuse: Impact on a Community’s Mental Health Status,’ 1992, By K.D. Scott.
 Victims of Childhood Sexual Abuse–Later Criminal Consequences, by Cathy Spatz Widom, US Dept. of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, National Institute of Justice (1995)
 The National Institute of Mental Health, 1988.The Research conducted by Dr. Gene G. Abel, M.D., full professor of Psychiatry comes with the highest pedigree. The professor taught at several medical schools, including Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. Dr. Abel is currently affiliated with Emory University School of Medicine and Morehouse School of Medicine. Dr. Abel, who has been a research scientist in the field of sexual violence for more than 30 years, is at the top of his field, both nationally and internationally. His treatment outcome study demonstrated that when treatment focused first on specific techniques to directly lower the offender’s sexual arousal to children, it was most effective. Those techniques, along with an option of medical intervention for the most dangerous and both a strong relapse prevention component and a surveillance component, proved 96per cent effective in stopping subsequent sex crimes.
 Study funded by the National Institute of Mental Health conducted by Dr. Gene G. Abel, Emory University, 1980.
 op. cit. Salter (p.11).
 2000 Pediatric Health News Releases May 8, 2000 ‘Children’s Testimony in Sexual Abuse Cases Studied’ – “Amy Arszman Daso, a medical student at Case Western University School of Medicine, who worked with Robert Shapiro, M.D., co-director of Children’s Hospital Medical Center of Cincinnati’s Child Abuse and Neglect Team and co-author of the study.”
 Child Molestation Research and Prevention Institute (CMRPI) http://cmrpi.org/ Research conducted on Projects from 1973-1985.
 ‘Gruesome Details Emerge About the Murder of Jessica Lunsford’ April 21, Buzzle News.com, 2005.
 ‘Businessman admits sex offences against 13 boys’ The New Zealand Herald, December 17, 2005.
 ‘Dix Hills Man Held For Sexual Abuse’ By Robert Leuner, Suffolk Life, October 3, 2001.
 ‘Dr Morgan Fahey – The story of sexual predator doctor Morgan Fahey, once thought of as a ‘pillar of society’’ 2006 http://www.crime.co.nz
 ‘Pentagon reopening probe into employees allegedly tied to child porn’ By Adam Levine, CNN, September 15, 2010. By Adam Levine. | ‘5200 NSA, DARPA, and Pentagon Employees Purchased Child Porn’ May 10, 2011 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jrTJx19oh4&feature=youtu.be
 ‘South Florida’s ex-ICE chief to plead guilty to Internet child-porn charges’ By Jan Weaver, The Miami Herald, June 26, 2012.
 ‘Recent Charges of Sexual Abuse of Children in Hollywood Just Tip of Iceberg, Experts Say’ Fox News, May 12 2011. http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/12/05/recent-charges-sexual-abuse